[1475] Search tab disseapears on MM reopening

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Orbi

[1475] Search tab disseapears on MM reopening

Post by Orbi »

I start MM with 2 tabs opened, open a new tab, execute a search query and close MM with 3 tabs. On reopening, only the 2 original tabs will be present. The search tab will have disappeared.

Debug log:
http://notepad.cc/rohouru65
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Bug Report forum as MediaMonkey 4.0.3 is now a Final Release
Lowlander

Re: [1475] Search tab disseapears on MM reopening

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce on 1476. Do note that it won't actually open as Search. This then tends to indicate that settings weren't saved which tends to indicate MediaMonkey didn't close properly.
Orbi

Post by Orbi »

Lowlander, I think MM closes properly as there is no MM process present in the task manager.

Perhaps the 'state' is not properly saved in the shutdown process? I can try and test with other tabs and see if settings stick.
Orbi

Post by Orbi »

Update:

I changed some settings and they stick. I opened a third window, a 'now playing' and it does not disappear through reopening MM. MM does close properly.

I think it's safe to conclude this only happens with search windows. Any clues?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Orbi wrote:Any clues?
No, I can't reproduce on 1476.

You could send a debug log (step 4b) covering the creation of tab, closing MM, starting MM where tab is missing and send to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Orbi

Post by Orbi »

Lowlander, I opened a ticket yesterday and provided 2 debug logs as asked.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Small Stupid guess is that also happen if you start MM using Run As Administrator?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Orbi

Post by Orbi »

Peke,

it also happens when I start MM using Run as administrator. One thing I noticed is that when the search tab is selected when closing, it is still there when reopening but called 'current' and search does not work. This behaviour is described here :http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9049

However, if the search tab is not selected when closing MM, it will not be there anymore when reopening MM.

Anything else I can do?
agelinaking

Post by agelinaking »

Orbi wrote:Lowlander, I think MM closes properly as there is no MM process present in the task manager.

Perhaps the 'state' is not properly saved in the shutdown process? I can try and test with other tabs and see if settings stick.
this is really a very nice info... i think it should be share around the web dude.. 8)