Problem with adding complete volumes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

NalleBear

Problem with adding complete volumes

Post by NalleBear »

Hi there,
I've got a little problem with adding complete volumes/drives/subfolders to the library.

I like to use an easy example: I want to add all media files stored on a CD

I insert the CD into my cd drive, let's call it Y:

I open "My Computer" in MediaDonkey do a right click and choose "Add tracks to the library". The "Add Folders"-window opens and I can see drive Y: is checked.

When I expand the folder view I see something strange. Only the first subfolder is checked to add to the library!???

Looks like this:

[x] Drive Y:
------[x] Folder 001
------[ ] Folder 002
------[ ] Folder 003

When I then click on drive Y all subfolders will be selected. That's not a big deal with a flat folder structure but I have CDs with deeper folder structures and I have to expand all the folders to select them all.
And what is more the same thing happens on hard drives. You can imagine that it is quite a lot of work to select any subfolder manually just to add it to the library.

Is there anyone having the same problem or did I miss something?

As a matter of fact it's very uncomfortable to add complete (removable) drives and/or folders (with subfolders) to the library for me.

Any hints to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,

NB
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks for reporting the bug, we are going to solve it to the next release. Actually, the bug is quite nasty, but its consequences are not that bad - if you only check a folder or a drive and don't expand it then (that's the buggy action), it is scanned fully, not just its first subfolder.

Anyway, expect a fix for this soon.

Jiri
NalleBear

Post by NalleBear »

Thanks for your quick reply, jiri.

Now it's much easier for me to add complete disks. 8)