Mediaserver and Popcornhour A-110

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

vinylman

Mediaserver and Popcornhour A-110

Post by vinylman »

I just installed the v4 of MM yesterday. It's a long time since I upgraded actually I normally run v3.06.1190 as I can still use bitrate as a column in that version.

I started the mediaserver functionality in v4 but it doesn't work as espected. My PCH A-110 plays cover art instead of music files. What can I do to make MM talk with the PCH and serve the files as music files instead of pictures.

Kind regards
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct sub-forum
Lowlander

Re: Mediaserver and Popcornhour A-110

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest you try again and create a debug log (step 4b) for the attempt and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

Do make sure you're in the Music section of your client as many clients separate content types and will fail when in the wrong content type.
vinylman

Post by vinylman »

It seems I found the problem. It's a language problem, when using the A-110.

The music library is not called music in norwegian, and the A-110 doesn't regonize any music folder and as of that treat the files as documents and photos.

kind regards
vinylman

Post by vinylman »

Now I have found the problem, how can I solve it?

I am not allowed to change the name of the folder called Musikk to music!

kind regards
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Where are you trying to change the name? Are modifying a folder name on your PC, PopCorn, the Collection name?
vinylman

Post by vinylman »

In MediaMonkey, I try to change the collection name, as that's what shows up in the PCH it seems.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So when you change the Collection name it no longer shows in Popcornhour? Is the Collection still enabled under Tools > Options > Media Servers?
vinylman

Post by vinylman »

I need to change the name of the collection to music to make it work, and that seems not to be allowed in the free version.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps you have non-standard (ie accented like ø) in the Collection name? Although in Norwegian it would seem to be musikk.

It would seem to be a bug on Popcornhour's behalf if it only accepts Music. In any case you can create a debug log (step 4b) of Popcornhour accessing MediaMonkey's Media Server and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69 Maybe the developers can see a way to fix this. I would still suggest contacting Popcornhour as well about this issue.