does not open shoutcast radio playlist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rimbinciok

Post by rimbinciok »

MediaMonkey 3.2.5.1306

for example trying to open: http://80.86.106.35:9000/ on http://www.magicfm.ro.

I tried all the variations, and many radio stations, no one go with MediaMonkey. But in any other in the player - no problems. Net Radio in the library there - absolutely useless! there is no radio station goes with MediaMonkey.

Search forum not helped me with anything.
Google search shows that the problem exists, but no solution. : (

In conclusion MediaMonkey does not support streaming radio, and this function is useless in the player.
dr_snuggles

Re: does not open shoutcast radio playlist

Post by dr_snuggles »

would b pointless implementing shout+ icecast browser and not implement protocol handling.

im totally enjoying netradio station using the monkey.
not sure but i slightly remember on first click on a stations playbutton a popup appeared asking some dumb question how to handle streams.(its been a while)
when i click on that button the m3u/pls whatever list loads n playback will start.

try copying the url and paste on 'open url or file' dialog.

last > call your firewall and tell her(?) to permit the monkey to access outgoing connections
rimbinciok

Post by rimbinciok »

copy and paste url not helping,
firewall is not to blame, and other windows software too, the same url is opening in all others players with no problem.

This is the bug that is in Mediamonkey only !
rimbinciok

Post by rimbinciok »

MM can't open playlist files with radio stream like: .pls or .m3u ,
I need to open MM first ->FIle-> Open URL or File. And this file types is associatred with MM , when I duble click to them MM should open and play the playlist.

This is another bug.
dr_snuggles

Post by dr_snuggles »

stop blaming madiamonkey,it budges on my machine as well on others. theres no bug concerning audio webstreams.
no idea how messed up your system is... whats happening when u open an m3u or whatever playlist? if another program starts it likely means mm isnt standard application for that file.tick the 'associate on startup' box in the filetype options,that definately helps associating m3u^^
u may try 2 add the m3u file into mms queue and start it.

it might help if u give further information bout other audio pgms u use, if there are any firewalls active or which operating system/ mm version u use.maybe u changed something u r not aware of.

seems the monkey doesnt like u :D maybe reinstall will solve it.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

as said. you are not giving us the info needed in order to help you are leaving out parts of your trouble if you do that we can not in the forum give correct info because each system is different you might have same software as one of us or same hardware and we might have it working and could tell you how to get it to work.

but with out the needed info nobody can see if they have the answer. we in the forums are mostly users there are lot that can do scripts and lots that can program but we all need info for finding your answer.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
prump

Post by prump »

What worked for me:

Save to 'downloads' folder (a s opposed to running).

Right click > Open With > Set Default Program.
Choose MM and it suddenly worked.

Hope that helps... anyone (like me) in the future.