Problem with database views

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

daved

Problem with database views

Post by daved »

Songs BD presents a variety of views of the overall database. Any artist for whom I've collected a few songs I create a separate folders for, as I want to enforce a measure of organisation at a basic level. Artists for whom I have just the odd track or two all go together in one folder.

Songs DB shows all my material just fine but there is one deficency. It would be useful to have a view that shows the whole collection in some order without the underlying folder structure. The reason for this is simple: at present it's not possible to easily construct a playlist of all the songs from which a random selection can be made.

Having said that, does Songs DB or Media Monkey provide any facilities to play random songs from either the whole collection (despite the fact it's organised into folders on the disc) or a random selection from a sub-folder or set of sub-folders?
jiri

Post by jiri »

The current version doesn't have such feature, however there will be some powerful options added to MediaMonkey 2.1, you will be able to easily achieve what you described.

Jiri