MM automatically reset to default settings, Why?/How?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gds

MM automatically reset to default settings, Why?/How?

Post by gds »

Saturday I opened and used MM and all was normal. Nothing out of the ordinary done, just listened to a few tracks.
Sunday I opened MM and all settings had been set back to default as if I'd never been to MM before, although it still had me automatically logged in. So far, it seems all music is still in the Library but it used to be divided with filters (divisions for WAV, mp3...), now it's just one big pile.
I don't know how many days it's gonna take me to go through all the settings again and determine what needs to be what for my needs.
Has this happened to anyone else?

some info:
ver: 3.2.2.1300
MediaMonkey Gold v3.x
Lowlander

Re: MM automatically reset to default settings, Why?/How?

Post by Lowlander »

gds

Post by gds »

Thanks for posting that info, but my registry was correct.

I do have several programs such as CCleaner but did not run any of them in that time frame. I have been using the cleaner programs for a year now and haven't had any problems.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

This happened to me many times, and if I remember correctly it was after program crash and starting it again since the last instance of the program left in memory. After I kill it with Task Manager, all went back to normal.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
AlonsodeC

Post by AlonsodeC »

This is happening to me since moving to MM4.0.2.1462. Registry is OK and the suggestion by ZvezdanD doesn't work for me either. Any other ideas?

Thanks
AlonsodeC

Post by AlonsodeC »

Ok, I'm sick of it. Going back to MM 3.