Show Images Instead Of Icons

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Goodog

Show Images Instead Of Icons

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

Hopefully someone here can help me with this one. Although I have chosen to embed the album art images in my flac files and I have disabled the 'Always Show Icons, Never Thumbnails' on my folder options, the flac files don't display the album image as a thumbnail but it's only flac files, I also have a few Apple Lossless and some MP3 files and they display the album art thumnails correctly, just not the flac files. I should say that this is on my home computer, on my work computer, I brought some sample files in to test them and found that here, all files display the way I want them to, as thumbnails.... This seems to have no reason to it al all and it's really driving me crazy. Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance and best regards to all.

Goodog
nohitter151

Re: Show Images Instead Of Icons

Post by nohitter151 »

Windows explorer can't read FLAC tags so it won't show the album art images as the icons.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Nohitter

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that may be the case only, it does display them as thumbnails on my work PC. Any ideas as to why that might be.

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Goodog wrote:Hi Nohitter

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that may be the case only, it does display them as thumbnails on my work PC. Any ideas as to why that might be.

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
Perhaps you have the album art stored as a .jpg image in the folder there? That's the only explanation I can think of.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Nohitter

I have indeed, I do that as a matter of course both at work and at home. I don't know how to include screenshot images or I could show you an example from my work PC.

Best Regards

Goodog
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Nohitter

I've solved this one myself! The reason I can see the thumbnails on my work PC, even on flac files, is that I have dbPowerAmp 14 installed here and not at home. There I was using R13. When I upgraded, I got the thumbnails!!

Best Regards

Goodog