mass deleting tracks from library - only possible in Gold?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

llwb

mass deleting tracks from library - only possible in Gold?

Post by llwb »

Gradually I am burning to CD the gazillion mp3 files which I have accumulated on my HD. These tracks have already been added to the Library according to their C: directories. Now I have added them again from D: I have also deleted them from the HD. But how do I delete the tracks in the library in their C: locations? I have started doing it by finding duplicates but that will take "forever." Is there another way to do this--or do I need the Gold version?
TIA
llwb
rusty

Mass deleting of tracks from the library

Post by rusty »

There are a couple of approaches you can take:

1) For files already copied: use the Files to Edit: duplicate titles function to find duplicates and delete the correct ones (sorting by path might help)

2) For files not yet copied to CD:
a) If you don't have MM Gold: burn the CD via MediaMonkey w/ Nero and delete the local files immediately after the CD has been burned. Then scan the CD.
b) If you have MM Gold: burn the CD with whatever tool you use, then delete the burnt files from the filesystem. Then use the Retrieve Moved Tracks function to match the existing database entries to the Tracks that were moved to the CD.
llwb

Re: Mass deleting of tracks from the library

Post by llwb »

There are a couple of approaches you can take:

1) For files already copied: use the Files to Edit: duplicate titles function to find duplicates and delete the correct ones (sorting by path might help)
Thank you! "Sorting by path" is definitely the way to go -- short of going for the Gold -- and I'm getting close to doing just that - You guys are great and deserve our support.

llwb[/quote]