scan does not get all my mp3 files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ksthouston

scan does not get all my mp3 files

Post by ksthouston »

I set the options for all file types and I see the files when I loo at the directory, but when I scan to update library, there are some files it does not add

Thanks

Kyle
Lowlander

Re: scan does not get all my mp3 files

Post by Lowlander »

Are they set to hidden or stored in the Virtual CD or Previews folder (Tools > Options > Virtual CD & Previews)? Do they play when you try to access them through the My Computer node in MediaMonkey or open them in MediaMonkey from Windows Explorer?
ksthouston

Post by ksthouston »

Lowlander wrote:Are they set to hidden or stored in the Virtual CD or Previews folder (Tools > Options > Virtual CD & Previews)? Do they play when you try to access them through the My Computer node in MediaMonkey or open them in MediaMonkey from Windows Explorer?

I did not find anything in previews or virtual CD, but really not sure was I was looking at.....sorry

When I access through the My computer node in MM, the files are not there either. I have checked and they are not hidden either.

I just checked through the normal explorer. When I double cliked it played in Win Media player. When I tried "open with" and selected Media Monkey, it played in MM
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure that the folders set for these 2 aren't folders where you stored your music. Any files in these folders will be ignored when scanning for tracks.
ksthouston

Post by ksthouston »

Lowlander wrote:Make sure that the folders set for these 2 aren't folders where you stored your music. Any files in these folders will be ignored when scanning for tracks.

I made a new folder in my docs and copied a few of the files to it. I did another scan and only scanned that folder, and it worked!!!. Thank you very much for your help

now I just have to figure out which files I am having a problem with and move them to that folder (will be no easy task) Or can I just copy all of the files from MY MUSIC in to the new folder and it still get then all?

Kyle
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes you could move all files. Maybe a lack of rights is prohibiting MediaMonkey from scanning in the files.
Gemini_WR

Post by Gemini_WR »

I have the same problem...

And the storage media of my music archive is a dedicated hard disk 1TB...

Also, I checked in the properties of the whole folders (at safety) and I added my user account as owner with full privileges!!!

I use the version Gold v4.1.29.1910!!!

Keep in your mind that with all the other music management software all my files are visible and manageable!!!

I do strongly believe this issue is a bug of the code!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please note that the current version is MediaMonkey 5 and even your MediaMonkey 4 version isn't the last MediaMonkey 4.

Please start here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... y-library/