Mixing board using multiple sound cards in the GUI

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I'd like to be able to select audio device right from the player

You may select 1 option

View results

JNMonkey

Mixing board using multiple sound cards in the GUI

Post by JNMonkey »

Ok, here's something I really think would be a good adition:

In the GUI of the program where-ever you adjust the volume you should also have a button to be able to quickly select which one of the currently available audio output devices is to be used.

Here's the need: on my motherboard the built-in sound is such that there is a separate device for the headphones plugged in the font of the computer and for the speakers plugged in the back of the machines.

Sometimes I want the music to come out of the speakers, sometimes I want it to come out of the headphones only (i.e. mute the speakers). Right now I have to go to tools then preference find the output pluging, click on configure and then select the interface (!).

I think it would be a great feature for those of us with more than one 'sound card' to be able to:

- in the best scenario you would like to have a little mixing board: rather than have one slider for the volume and the sound sent to the default sound interface, have one slider per sound card present on the system. Bonus points if you can send the player's output to more than one device at the same time.

- if the above is not possible, have some easy way to select the current sound card used as the output device without having to go so many levels down in the menus.

The plug-in is already able to detect them, so in the end it's just a setting that I want to be able to ajust quickly (i.e. one click in the best case scenario) from the GUI, preferably somewhere close to the volume level.

I think this would be a great addition! Please consider this in your next version of this great tool which I think is still the best one available out there. I'd gladly pay another lifetime license for this feature. Well, that and and Mac OSX support please please please please...
Lowlander

Re: Mixing board using multiple sound cards in the GUI

Post by Lowlander »

I support this, right click on player already has option to configure output, having the option to select audio device right there would make things easier.
JNMonkey

Post by JNMonkey »

Thanks, I didn't know about menu-clicking inside the player. It definitely helps, pretty much does what I want, but I still think it would be cool to be able to have a little 'mixing board' GUI where you could click on/off sending the sound to this or that sound board and have an individual volume control for each (then the next step would of course being able to have 2 players and you end up being able to properly mix/DJ just using MM :)).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

I voted Yes for this but for a diferent reason than you.

See my thread:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=51980

Maybe the two enhancements can be combined?

I use dual USB/DAC devices so I could have "Private" and "Public" sound outputs, but I would need MM to be able to output library selections to the Private DAC (for headphones), and the selections that are in the Now Playing tab should always direct their audio to the Public DAC (PA system). MM would have to be changed to play two selections simultaneously, one song from the library and one song from the now playing panes, each going to its own audio device.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have achieved this in the past by running 2 instances, also did you check out the song previewer Peke linked?