load songs from ipod

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

slotools

load songs from ipod

Post by slotools »

is it possible with this program to dump from ipod to the mediamonkey library?? I know ephod can do this.
FurAnt

Post by FurAnt »

There are a few different things you can do to manage your iPod songs with MediaMonkey.

First, since the iPod shows up as a drive letter on systems, you can simply have Mediamonkey scan that drive for tracks and it will update the library. However, since I frequently change the songs on my iPod, I just manage the library on my computer and let EphPod manage the iPod via playlists.

You can export MediaMonkey playlists to M3U files that EphPod will then sync with the iPod. I modified an export script to write the playlists with the fully qualified path and to use the last accessed directoy (this makes it easier if you update the playlists frequently or may move them from directory to directory). If you are running Mediamonkey Gold, you can use the script:
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=466

If what you're looking to do is to copy the files from the iPod and to bring them onto the hard drive, either use EphPod's functionality or a Windows Copy.

I don't think Mediamonkey will replace EphPod anytime soon, but hopefully they can get a little tighter in the ways that they work together.
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=431

Joe
FurAnt

Post by FurAnt »

FurAnt wrote:you can simply have Mediamonkey scan that drive for tracks and it will update the library=
I must add that I have not tested this, it just seems possible. However, since the music files on the iPod are contained in directories with the "Hidden" attribute set, I'm not sure if it will cause any problems. Additionally, realize that EphPod may hash the filenames (it's an optional setting), requiring MediaMonkey to rely on the ID3 tags for all of the song information.

Hope this helps,
Joe