Help finding renamed/missing tracks

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

PeRFeCK

Help finding renamed/missing tracks

Post by PeRFeCK »

Hi All,

I've been jumping through hurdles trying to get this to work after having a hard drive crash and lose all of my music, among other things like pictures and important school stuff :( . Fortunately 60gb of it (the music) was on my IPOD so rather than start from scratch...I've ripped the songs off my IPOD to my computer. Since I don't have the original filenames...and they arent even located in the same drive/folder structure (the program that ripped them basically retagged everything according ot the ID3 tag) its making things difficult. After ripping, I'm trying to retain my iTunes playlists so I have exported them to XML and then used a script to import that into MM.

Here lies the problem, the script imports the playlist but of course nothing is found so it creates all tracks from the playlist which is fine. I tried to use the regular "Locate Moved/Missing" tracks function in MM but I'm guessing that relies on the filename not being changed. Are there any other scripts I can use to have it locate moved/renamed tracks which are pretty close to the original? Any other ideas?

I do have access to the original Itunes library and playlists as its still installed on my computer, I can still export playlists into XML or TXT but I doubt that will help as everything is renamed now. Maybe i need to start from scratch again?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions/solutions!!
PeRFeCK

Re: Help finding renamed/missing tracks

Post by PeRFeCK »

bump, any ideas? :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PeRFeCK

Post by PeRFeCK »

thanks that is exactly what i needed, much appreciated and i will also let the script maker know too :)