Tick Marks All Over Media Monkey

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Powlaz

Tick Marks All Over Media Monkey

Post by Powlaz »

Windows XP, SP2
Pentium 4, 1.4

I have used Media Monkey (standard version)for quite some time. Only recently (long after installing SP2) has Media Monkey developed little rectangular tick marks next to all of icons in the Tool and Menu bars. The program works as it should but where are the tick marks coming from. They almost look like formatting marks in a word processing program. I uninstalled and reinstalled a new copy, any ideas?

Powlaz
jiri

Post by jiri »

Have you tried to restart your computer? Maybe just something got corrupted...

Jiri
Zappa

Post by Zappa »

I have the same problem. Suddenly all the buttons and scrollbars have graphical errors. This problem occured after installing XP service pack 2, or perhaps adaware, spybot, spywareblaster or some other application. Someone got a clue?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please e-mail me the MM version you use and try to generate some screenshot of the problem you experience. Also try if switching skins can help or if non-skinned version looks better.

Thanks,
Jiri
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks to Zappa I saw a screenshot of the described problem. Anybody experiencing this please try the following:
- Go to Control Panel\Display\Settings, check Color Quality setting there (16, 24 or 32 bit?) and report it here. You can also try to change it to another value and see if there's any difference.
- Click Advanced button there and go to Adapter sheet. Report here what graphic adapter type you have. You can also check its driver version, report it here as well and see if the manufacturer haven't released a new version. (There were some problems with older versions of drivers reported earlier).
- Try to change the default skin in MediaMonkey (Tools|Options|Skins), or disable skinning completely. Any changes?

Jiri
Zappa

Post by Zappa »

Hi! Thanks for fast respons...even on a sunday :D
First of all I am pleased to tell you that setting my color depth to 32 bit solved the whole problem! My previous setting was 16 bit color depth. I have not tried 24 bit color depth yet (was not an option in my monitor settings). My graphics card is by the way NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400. After changing to 32 bits all other skins of course also works.
Again - thanks alot for your help!
Best regards,
Terje (Zappa)