No tracks shown

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

GeWi

No tracks shown

Post by GeWi »

Since a few days no tracks are shown in MM. File monitor still works, I can see a list of all albums, artists, genres, ... In the right part of the screen everyting stays empty. The title list nor the artists list shows any tracks. The player still works, I can listen to a song, click on the next or previous song button and hear another song. It's impossible to select songs because I can't see any.

The problem started while using the latest beta version. I desinstalled the beta, cleared the registry en installed 2.2.2.780, but the problem isn't solved.
Who can help me?
rusty

Tracks disappeared following beta installation

Post by rusty »

Gewi,

The MM 2.3 beta builds update the database format and are not backwards compatible to MM 2.2.

If you backed up your MM 2.2 db, then revert to your backup and you should be ok.

If you didn't back it up, then I'd suggest that you continue using the MM Beta builds, since they _are_ compatible with the modified database format.

-Rusty
GeWi

Tracks disappeared following beta installation

Post by GeWi »

Thanks Rusty,

Deleting the MM-database did solve the problem. In my case deleting the database isn't a problem at all, because the file monitor rebuilds it the way I'm used to use it.

Thanks

Merry Xmas, Happy Newyear