Last.FM scrobbling

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wikedguy

Re: Ipod scrobbling

Post by wikedguy »

nohitter151 wrote: There are tools to sync iPods only, see

http://qtscrob.sourceforge.net/

or

http://www.lastpod.org/
Been using QT Scrobbler, which works really well - probably the smoothest scrobbling experience I've had...
but I have one issue with it - it doesn't support multiple plays...

Glancing at the lastpod page, it seems that can't deal with them either.
Does anyone know any way of scrobbling multiple plays with MM?
Big_Berny

Re: Last.FM scrobbling

Post by Big_Berny »

Wrong. Lastpod also supports multiple plays. That's why I prefer it over QTScrob I used before.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
wikedguy

Post by wikedguy »

Big_Berny wrote:Wrong. Lastpod also supports multiple plays. That's why I prefer it over QTScrob I used before.
Really?

on the lastpod website, it says
If you listen to the same track more than one time without syncing, it will only be submitted once (using the last play time as the timestamp). This is because the "Play Counts" file only keeps track of the last time the track was played.
Are you sure?

Thanks
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yep, I'm sure. :)
I use Lastpod already some years. I think it has been introduced in version r79 (before 0.8). The information on the site needs to be updated.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
wikedguy

Post by wikedguy »

Big_Berny wrote:Yep, I'm sure. :)
I use Lastpod already some years. I think it has been introduced in version r79 (before 0.8). The information on the site needs to be updated.
Cool! Thanks - I'll give it a try!
:D
SteveDouglas

Post by SteveDouglas »

Hi all, first time poster, long time MM user here! :)

I've just discovered the joys of scrobbling with Last FM, and have been wanting to use it in conjunction with Media Monkey. I tried Option 2 from the start of this thread. and it seems to be working ok, apart from a couple of glitches. Can anyone help me with a solution to these?

On the Last FM profile, it shows the tracks I've been playing ok, but the time counter is out, in fact back to front! The most recently played will show 'played 56 minutes ago', whilst the track played before that will show 'played 51 minutes ago', and so on. Any ideas?

The other problem seems to be the last track I play in a listening session. The Last FM profile doesn't seem to register it's stopped playing, ie. it's stopped playing, and MM has been shut down, but the Last FM profile still shows 'Listening now'.....?

I'm using Windows XP/Firefox, if that makes any difference?

Many Thanks in advance :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

SteveDouglas wrote:Hi all, first time poster, long time MM user here! :)

I've just discovered the joys of scrobbling with Last FM, and have been wanting to use it in conjunction with Media Monkey. I tried Option 2 from the start of this thread. and it seems to be working ok, apart from a couple of glitches. Can anyone help me with a solution to these?

On the Last FM profile, it shows the tracks I've been playing ok, but the time counter is out, in fact back to front! The most recently played will show 'played 56 minutes ago', whilst the track played before that will show 'played 51 minutes ago', and so on. Any ideas?

The other problem seems to be the last track I play in a listening session. The Last FM profile doesn't seem to register it's stopped playing, ie. it's stopped playing, and MM has been shut down, but the Last FM profile still shows 'Listening now'.....?

I'm using Windows XP/Firefox, if that makes any difference?

Many Thanks in advance :)
Are you sure you aren't using option 3? It sounds like you're experiencing common bugs found with the Native plugin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
SteveDouglas

Post by SteveDouglas »

Whoops, sorry, I am. My bad! Is there a solution to this?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

SteveDouglas wrote:Whoops, sorry, I am. My bad! Is there a solution to this?
Not really - the native scrobbler is a bit buggy. I can only really suggest using option 2 as it seems to be the most reliable option at the moment. Hopefully within a few weeks the new MediaMonkey beta will be released along with the updated scrobbler plugin.

tigertales

Post by tigertales »

thanks again 151 ... just got option two working thanks to your simple and clear instructions.

Post by Guest »

i think i got #2 working, but if i play 'Ministry', it queues up 'Yo La Tengo'... I wouldve expected something heavier, like NIN.
And it only pulls up songs i previously rated... Isn't think supposed to discover top rated songs based on last.fm recommendations?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:i think i got #2 working, but if i play 'Ministry', it queues up 'Yo La Tengo'... I wouldve expected something heavier, like NIN.
And it only pulls up songs i previously rated... Isn't think supposed to discover top rated songs based on last.fm recommendations?
That is last.fm auto DJ not last.fm scrobbler. This thread is about scrobbling tracks, not the autoDJ.

MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

I've just tried LastPod again and remember why Iditched it when I tried it a few months ago...

Why doesn't it remember my Last.Fm password. The box is always blank. I use a password program too, so it's some crazy random shz which I'll never remember.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Write a bug report on lastpod.org so that the devs can fix it.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Oh ok, no need. Seems it scrobbles fine even without anything in the password box. Magic.