How to remove specific album art files?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Aphex_Twin77

How to remove specific album art files?

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

I recently installed the latest beta version of MM3 to see if it would fix a sync problem. It resulted in the slowdown of some processes so I reverted to the latest stable version.

However, I somehow managed to save the same album art to all my files. I don't know if I inadvertently applied some changes when software was hanging or if it was an incompatibility issue with Batch Art finder. Anyway this cover that is saved in all my file tags is saved as a second front cover in the tags of the files which already had album art, so i don't see it in the Album Art window while MM is selected/playing. However I do see it now for all my files that previously had no album art.

I have just started using Batch Art Finder and the "files to edit > unknown album art" was perfect for finding files without album art but now they are all filled with this default album art and I have to go looking for the albums without the proper art manually now ....ggggr! :P

Is there any way I can remove just this cover from all my files?
Does cover art have a file name? If so does anyone know how to find the name of the file?
Maybe then I can extract/remove all jpg files with that name from my files using Album Art Tagger?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You could use Bex's tagging inconsistencies and display tracks with multiple album art to help you find the problem tracks. Of course, thats assuming that you don't normally add more than 1 image to a track...

As far as I know, there is no 'file name' for art thats embedded into the tags. If its just saved to a folder you could search for all instances of that file and delete it with windows explorer, then use album art tagger to remove invalid album art entries.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Aphex_Twin77

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

nohitter151 wrote:You could use Bex's tagging inconsistencies and display tracks with multiple album art to help you find the problem tracks. Of course, thats assuming that you don't normally add more than 1 image to a track...

As far as I know, there is no 'file name' for art thats embedded into the tags. If its just saved to a folder you could search for all instances of that file and delete it with windows explorer, then use album art tagger to remove invalid album art entries.
Thanks for the tip I'll have a look at Bex's script. I usually save my tags to the file and normally only have one image per track.
Nacron

Re: How to remove specific album art files?

Post by Nacron »

The same thing happened to me. I have 3000+ songs and selecting each and removing the second image was tedious. I've just selected all the songs and removed the album cover that was common in all. Waiting right now to see if it worked, it still has 3000 left to retag.
Nacron

Post by Nacron »

Nevermind, it just added all of the different album art to all of my songs :( Time to retag all of them.
Mitch470

Art inconsistencies

Post by Mitch470 »

nohitter151 wrote:You could use Bex's tagging inconsistencies and display tracks with multiple album art to help you find the problem tracks. Of course, thats assuming that you don't normally add more than 1 image to a track...
Where do I get Bex' tagging inconsistency script and how do I install it? I have version 3.0.3.1183 installed now and got the extraneous art added during the upgrade.
Cheers,

Mitch
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Tagging Inconsistencies.
To install just download and click on the .mmip that you download. If you are using Internet Explorer it may re-name the .mmip to .zip, if this is the case, rename .zip to .mmip.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...