File Monitor - Add/Rescan problem

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Aphex_Twin77

File Monitor - Add/Rescan problem

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

My file monitor hangs in the middle of monitoring. It shows the file name that it is currently scanning but doesn't progress any further. I removed the file from the monitored folder but then it hung on another file. After doing this with 5 different files I still had the same problem. I did the file monitor because I added 11 files from another hard-disk to my monitored folder. However, it doesn't hang on any of these files so they can't be the problem.

When it hangs I can't terminate it, everything else runs fine in MM but if I want to close the program it doesn't respond and I have to use task manager to shut it down.

I get the same results with Add/Rescan.

It's been a while since it ran File monitor so maybe the problem has been there a few days already. I updated from the current stable version of MM3 to beta 3.0.3.1147 2 days ago, maybe that has caused the problem?
PromisedPlanet

Re: File Monitor - Add/Rescan problem

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Aphex_Twin77 wrote: It's been a while since it ran File monitor so maybe the problem has been there a few days already. I updated from the current stable version of MM3 to beta 3.0.3.1147 2 days ago, maybe that has caused the problem?
Actually I used to have that problem in older versions of MM3, but haven't had it in the last few versions.

One problem which crops up for me once in a while is that I'll get an "Access is denied" error on empty folders during File Monitor.
Aphex_Twin77

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

I'm still getting this problem. The last time I tried I didn't terminate the process and eventually a microsoft runtime error was displayed. I clicked on retry and then I got an error from a MM dialog box.

This error says:

There was a problem querying the database.
Error: starting a transaction when some query is open.
Running queries are: Select* from covers where IDSong=67493
Aphex_Twin77

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

In case someone else has had this problem I think it was due to installing the latest beta because when I rolled back the installation to the current official version the problem disappeared. It think there was a problem with one of my scripts and the latest beta version.
ericslaw

Post by ericslaw »

I am also having the hang problem with 'add/rescan files'
I am able to query the sqllite3 database without issues via sqlite3.
'select count(1) from songs;' results in 46126 rows.

trying the DebugView utility mentioned in the forums next.
arana

Post by arana »

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM EXACTLY

I was not able to terminate te process , even tho MM kept running fine, the process was there stuck at almost 3/4 (had to exit with via task manager)

i just renamed the directory where the problem was, and BINGO! it is not stucking/hanging there any more

previous directory name:

c:\Music\Kany Garcia-{Cualquier dia}-CD 2007\ 11 - todo basta.mp3 (here it was stuck in the 11th file, maybe the first alphabetically)
renamed to
c:\Music\Kany Garcia\ 11 - todo basta.mp3 and now it monitors just fine

so i guess the monitor library code in charge of scanning dirs has a bug somewhere regarding dashes or the { } curly bracket/braces signs or some RegExp has gone wild.

Follow up edit:
i replaced the braces with parenthesis and the problem was gone.
notice i DID NOT rename the file, i renamed the directory only.
maybe there are some other chars that have problems i almost can bet foreign charactes will have problems (unicode?? )