available features?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

loket

available features?

Post by loket »

hey, i could use some help with these things:

1. is it possible to select all files in a root-folder for track tagging/rename from filename, instead of selecting for each sub-folder..?

2. is it possible to synchronize all the files with an external mp3-player, where all new files, and a playlist with the same files, are added to the mp3-player?

3. the word "the", or use of surnames: can the artist name "The Beatles" be stored in the id-tag, whilst "Beatles, the" is stored in the folder name? same with composer names; "Thomas Newman" in id-tag, and "Newman, Thomas" in folder name..

4. can you configure some sort of "capitalize"-function? where you select where you want lower caps, capitalize first letter, etc..?

thanks..
loke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can just click on the artist node and all files in the library. Or you can use the location node and click on the all subnode of the folder you want to see songs from all subfolders.

3&4) Nop, but some requests in this area have been made in the wishlist forum.
loket

thanks..!

Post by loket »

should have seen it before.. :p but what about the playlists? the way i do it now is that i add everything new to a playlist manually. but if i transfer the playlist itself to an external mp3-player, it doesn't play back the files. so i have to create an extra playlist just for this. is it not possible to sync these somehow, so that it plays these new songs in added order..?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do a search on the forum and read the help file on help with syncing with a portable player. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this feature.