Certain tracks will not go from library to player (argh!)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

KeithTalent

Certain tracks will not go from library to player (argh!)

Post by KeithTalent »

Hey there,

I've been using MM for quite a while now and really like it, but there has been one frustration that has not gone away.

When I try to manually add certain albums/songs from my MM library to my Ipod shuffle it will only pretend to add them; it very briefly changes the display at the bottom of the player like it is going to add the tracks, but then it goes away and the tracks are not on my shuffle. :(

I have tried re-ripping the CDs to the library to no avail and I can think of no other reason why it would be doing this. MM has no problem syncing these same albums to my Gigabeat when I do an auto-sync with it, so I am totally confused. :-?

Please, please, please help (did I say please?)!!

Cheers,
KT
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please create a debug log as described in the Bug forum while trying to add these files to the iPod.

Could there be an issue with the length of the filename of the tracks that don't get added?
KeithTalent

Post by KeithTalent »

Ok, I will do that when I get home from work tonight.

I do not think the filename length is a problem since the filenames for these tracks should be similar in length to all of my other music as it is all recorded in the same way and kept in the same folders.

I will post my debug log later.

Thanks again!

KT