Removing Sync'ed Playlist Files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

mdouet

Removing Sync'ed Playlist Files

Post by mdouet »

I am new to all of this, so please bear with me...

I have a set of podcast playlists that I've created in MediaMonkey that I have auto-synchronized to my Sansa e280 device. Once I've listened to a podcast, I delete it from my MediaMonkey playlist and when I resync it, it is removed from my device's playlist, perfect.

The problem is that it only removes it from the playlist, the file still exists on my device, taking up space. To remove it from my device I have to manually go to my device's music folder, find and delete it, ugh.

Is there a more automated way to have my files get deleted off my device completely when it auto-syncs?
mdouet

Post by mdouet »

Anyone here have a resolution for this? Did I post this on the right board?
mdouet

Post by mdouet »

Surely there is someone here who can help me with this...
heinimuecki

Post by heinimuecki »

go to the device synchronize opitons menu

tools->options->portable/audio devices

select your device plugin. hit configure

go to the synchronization options tab and select the
"delete tracks that aren't on the auto-synchronization list from the device" option
and the "confirm deletion" option

maybe this helps
mdouet

Post by mdouet »

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Post by Guest »

This solved my problem, it determines what files are on my device but no longer on my MM playlists and prompts me to delete them by providing a list of files with checks next to them, allowing me to uncheck any files I don't wish to delete. My only problem with this is that it auto checks all of the files and I have to uncheck each one I don't want to delete, this results in me having to unchecking 100s of checkboxes because I do not have my music playlists in MM, only my podcast playlists. Does anyone know any way to have it default to having all of the check boxes unchecked, or does MM have any plans of adding a check/uncheck all option to this window?