gapless playback on ipod for >some< tracks only?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

phantelope

gapless playback on ipod for >some< tracks only?

Post by phantelope »

I spent the last hour or so reading and searching the forum with little luck. I just got rid of itunes and want to use MM, but I can't seem to find an option to set some tracks as gap less playback, i.e. for some live albums. all sollutions I found seem to remove the gap for all albums, which makes no sense for me. itunes has an option to highlight all tracks and then set them as gap less album, is there such a thing in mmonkey?

BTW, I won't be using mm much for listening on my computer as my stereo is on the other side of the house, but I do want to use it to organize my audio files for my new 30gig ipod.

thanks!

Ph
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Something similar has been asked here. It looks like a nice wish.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
phantelope

Post by phantelope »

I looked at that link, thanks, but no sollution.
Itunes 7 or what it is at now has the option to set a series of songs as no gap, which is a major issue for me, as I'll be loading lots of live shows on my ipod. I might just have to use itunes until the monkey can do what I want, but I'd guess it might be coming sooner than later. If an apple can do it, you'd think a monkey can as well ;-)

I almost did not buy my new ipod once I heard about the gaps, only went ahead since itunes can take it out now. Hopefully the monkey will be a curious one and figure it out too!

PH
FadeToBolivia

Post by FadeToBolivia »

I dont know if this helps, but what I do is sync my music with media monkey.

Then I open itunes and let it do the gapless adjustment thing on the tracks I have on my ipod.

Sucks to listen to the wall without it ;)
phantelope

Post by phantelope »

that's what I'll be doing, hopefully the monkey will be able to offer this option soon too though, I really don't like having itunes on my PC if I can avoid it :D
FadeToBolivia

Post by FadeToBolivia »

Yeah I feel the same way. Unfortunately, you also need itunes to upate the ipod with the latest software, unless there is somewhere else you can DL the updates from.