Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DagsJT

Re: Batch M3U Creator 2.2 [MM2+3]

Post by DagsJT »

Using Windows 7 Beta and can't seem to get this to work. I've disabled UAC which allowed me to install the script but when I run the script, no M3U is created in the relative album folders?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@moviesbx - I'm not sure what you mean by you "have Albums created by genre". Unless the album artist and name is the same for all the tracks then they are not considered in the same album. I think you are using "playlist" and "album" interchangerbly and this is not correct.

@DagsJT - I'm sorry but I don't have Windows 7 beta so I don't know why this might be. Can anyone else confirm or deny this problem?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

M3U8 is the magic word

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:Yes, the only reason I didn't do this initially was the M3U specification I was working off said that unicode was not allowed for compatibility reasons. Easy enough to add though if your players all support it! :)
Please please include this option!

It is true that the M3U spec doesn't allow Unicode. (Very strange, as UTF-8 is completely backwards compatible/transparent with ASCII.) But there's the UTF-8 encoded M3U8 format with the .m3u8 extension that most players understand. Right now, your script balks at any non-ASCII filename, even if that file is not in the directory I'm trying to create a playlist for. Adding M3U8 support would be greatly appreciated. Please make sure not to write a BOM at the beginning of the file, or make it optional. My Sansa Clip player needs a playlist for every folder because of its stupid interface. It handles M3U8 playlists fine, but only if they don't have a BOM.

Post by Guest »

Another suggestion - is it possible to add "create M3U playlist" to the folder context menu in the Tree pane?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have added these to my list. However, can you please clarify what you mean by "BOM"?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Don't worry, there'll be no BOM! :)
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

Problem with windows 7 too, here.

With XP it worked without any problems. Since upgrading to Windows 7 RC (b.7100) the script doesn´t work any more. Its starting, message box popping up asking "...wish to restrict to 1 album..." No Playlist is created in the folder..

SchulA
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

Tried a little bit more...

O.k. - Windows 7 together with mediamonkey 3.1

batch m3u creator is starting, but the playlist is not created in the folder, where the music files resist. The playlist is created in the root of the volume holding the music folders.
Can there anything be done, to get the old behaviour back ?
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

Correction:

The script is creating a playlist, but it is named wrong.

The folder, where the mp3s are stored is: C:\Users\SchulA\Music\Artist - Album

The playlist created by the script is named: C:\-Users-AlfS-Music-Artist - Album

Summarisation: A playlist is created but the backslashes are replaced by hyphens...

Can this be changed - I really would like to use this great script again...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this should give you the results you expect. I will fix this properly in the next version though.
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

this tip worked...

great, I can use this very useful tool again...

Thank You Trix
Tiro

Post by Tiro »

Great piece of work!

Wld it be a big deal to enable relative path within the playlist instead of the absolute on?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can already modify the "FullPath" variable at the top of the script (by opening in a text editor) to "False", but this only works if the tracks are within the album folder. I will add full relative path support to the next version.
Tiro

Post by Tiro »

tnx Trix,
this works for time being. Of course awaiting the next version of this great script :wink: