Sorting Audiobooks Series Help

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

GinNMiskatonics

Sorting Audiobooks Series Help

Post by GinNMiskatonics »

I'm a bit technically inept, so I'm hoping this is an easy fix!

I've got a decent collection of audiobooks, and I'd like to be able to sort them in my library. First by author, then by album title. Being the anal-retentive person that I am, each book in a series has the album name : "Series Name (Book 1) : Book Title", and so on. However, MediaMonkey still sorts them by the book name, alphabetically. If I sort by album, then the series are in order, but books by the same author aren't grouped together.

I read in another post that MM should be able to handle by sorting by multiple criteria by holding down CTRL, but that doesn't seem to work for me. I'm mainly doing my editing on the Windows version, but I also use it a lot on android - syncing my library across multiple platforms is a reason I love this media player.

Anyway, can anyone help me get my library looking exactly the way I want it? Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Sorting Audiobooks Series Help

Post by Lowlander »

What View are you using? Multi-sort works as you described.
GinNMiskatonics

Post by GinNMiskatonics »

I'm using a grid view (yay for book covers), so there are no columns to sort by. I've tried putting it in list view, sorting the way I want (there, the 'sort by author, then by album name works a charm!) but the order doesn't stick when I switch views.

Also, the forum keeps telling me "The solution you provided was incorrect" when I try to post. What the heck!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This should stick with the latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta build.