Auto-Tag Hanging at Searching Artwork

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jkaushik

Auto-Tag Hanging at Searching Artwork

Post by jkaushik »

I've not had issues with this in the past, but today it's impossible to use.

I'm using MM5 with a gold license, Windows app, on Windows 11, and I'm trying to auto-tag batches of 100 songs from my library. I've got all databases selected, and I've toggled them in various combinations but that doesn't seem to change anything. I've also shut down MM and restarted it - doesn't change anything either.

I select 100 songs and select auto-tag. The auto-tag window pops up and starts processing but will inevitably get to an album where it just sits at "filename.mp3 Status: Searching artwork". If I try to help it along by clicking on the offending song's blank album cover, I get the Image Search screen, with the "artist" + "album" in the search bar, but again, the screen remains blank, saying "Searching" in the main box with the circle going round and round. It will sit like this for at least 5 minutes; I've not had the patience to wait any longer to see what happens, if anything.

It's getting incredibly frustrating - this has happened before but it was usually only for 1 song in 100, so I didn't get too frustrated by it. Now it's more like 20-25 songs per 100 it's happening to, and now I'm getting annoyed by it.

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Tag Hanging at Searching Artwork

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you update to MediaMonkey 5.0.5 which has an Artwork lookup fix.
jkaushik

Re: Auto-Tag Hanging at Searching Artwork

Post by jkaushik »

Thanks for the link - I'll try that now! I did check for updates from the app and it says I'm at the most updated version but it's definitely 5.0.4.