Easy Question: Sort Order

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

koehjo

Easy Question: Sort Order

Post by koehjo »

When displaying albums, I inadvertently hit the "Title" column, which displayed a variety of ways in which one could sort the files. I accidentally selected the option to sort songs alphabetically by title. Unfortunately, I want to sort by Track Number, but when I hit "Title" again this option does not appear. I am sure there's an easy way to fix this but I can't figure it out . Thanks for your help.
Lowlander

Re: Easy Question: Sort Order

Post by Lowlander »

Just click the Track# column header to sort on Track#.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Assuming that you are in the main file list (in the centre of the screen) then you may have to scroll sideways to see the track number column before you can click on it. If it is not in that list (It should be) then you can add it by right clicking on the column heading and chosing Add Columns.
Beware though, if you have more than one album showing they it might not help because you'll see all of the Track 1s together. You can fix that by clicking on the heading of the Album column again and then hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the Track cloumn heading. That will see your tracks sorted by album and then track number.
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
koehjo

Post by koehjo »

Thank you both! I really like the program and hope to master it as time goes on. :roll: