Newly added duplicate drive path for every song

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

toxicsludge

Newly added duplicate drive path for every song

Post by toxicsludge »

I haven't opened MM in several months. When I opened it this morning, it duplicated every song with the Drive Path Label. Instead of 10,000 songs, I now have 20,000 songs. I haven't changed any settings.

How can I get rid of all these duplicates? I notice the tree shows two locations. One is F: [Media Monkey] and another is [Media Monkey]. I prefer to just keep file path.
Lowlander

Re: Newly added duplicate drive path for every song

Post by Lowlander »

Remove the F: [Media Monkey] files (check Added first, it should be newer than [Media Monkey] files), then re-assign drive on the [Media Monkey] files.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

The help text at Lowlander's reference to re-assign drive may not be immediately helpful because you will not find the path Collections > Locations in the media tree at left of the MM screen. This confusion arises because MM help uses the word "Collections" as shorthand for "highest level entries in the media tree", without actually explaining its use of the term.

What you will actually see in the media tree at left is Entire Library and Main Music, both of which are "Collections", along with a bunch of others.

So, click on either Entire Library or Main Music and look for Location at bottom - ie Entire Library > Location or Main Music > Location - which will show you a list of the accessible drives. Right clicking on the drive of interest will give you the Media Properties control needed to update the drive ID.

Cheers, Matt
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
toxicsludge

Post by toxicsludge »

Thanks for the help. Deleting the duplicated "Location" did the trick. I'll know what to do if it comes back!