Synchronizing tags with MM-library

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

frank1969a

Synchronizing tags with MM-library

Post by frank1969a »

In fact I have 2 problems, the 1st one causes the 2nd one ;-)

I recognized, that when I change tags to a huge amount of files (> 50) with the "Replace String" addon, sometimes not all mp3-tags are changed too (though I have the "Update tags when editing properties" and "Modify timestamp when updating tags" options active) - is this a known issue?

... but more important is the 2nd issue:
Due to this issue for some files the entries in my db are not egual to the corresponding files.

Example:
From time to time I correct "articles" before band names (e.g. changing all "The Rolling Stones" to "Rolling Stones").
Due to some changes were not written to my tags, I know have some files tagged with "The Rolling Stones" in my library, for whom MM has already "Rolling Stones" in the db. So ... I cannot find them (using MM) to correct.
The "Add/Rescan files to the library" option does not help, for it only sees files if the timestamp has changed (and for the changes have been written only to the db and not to my files, there is still the "old" timestamp).

Is there anyway to synchronize or "check" / compare the tags to / with MM 5 db or is the only way to delete the whole db and "start anew"?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Synchronizing tags with MM-library

Post by Lowlander »

1. Which Build (Help > About) and which version of the Replace String Addon (Tools > Addons).

2. It sounds like you're looking the wrong way. It sounds like you need database values saved to the files. In that case DB / Tag Mismatches will show you all files that have mismatching tags and database values, allowing you to use Update tags to fix (save database values to files).
frank1969a

Post by frank1969a »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:00 am 1. Which Build (Help > About) and which version of the Replace String Addon (Tools > Addons).
I hope always the most recent one (Beta), it started a few months ago, now I am using MM2004.0.0.3005 and Replace String 1.1.2
Lowlander wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:00 am
2. It sounds like you're looking the wrong way. It sounds like you need database values saved to the files. In that case DB / Tag Mismatches will show you all files that have mismatching tags and database values, allowing you to use Update tags to fix (save database values to files).
Yes, just tested it and looks like this brings up the files, I was looking for! Many many thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you can still reproduce the failure to update tags this way, please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.