MMW says playlists are syncing with new Android phone, but do not appear on Android

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Gojirusan

MMW says playlists are syncing with new Android phone, but do not appear on Android

Post by Gojirusan »

Hi All,
I Installed MMA on my new Motorola Razr 2023 phone. Connected to Windows computer via USB (MMW ver 4). Chose "Auto Sync". Files copied to Android. After all files were copied, the display at the bottom said "copying playlists" and each of my 25 playlists appeared in sequence. All files are present and will play in MMA, but, when I press "Playlists" on the Home Screen, i get a message of "No media". Below that appears "Choose Library Folders" and "Synchronization". I have chosen 4 different folders: Media Monkey Storage/Video, MediaMonkey, Movies, and Music. On each, I've selected to "Allow MM to access files in "X"?, Then I press the little yellow button in the bottom right corner, which causes a message at the top to appear saying "Scanning files into the library."

I've done the above several times for each folder and there is still nothing showing on the "Playlists" button on the "Home" screen.

I had the exact same problem with a Microsoft Duo phone - all of the mp3 files, but no Playlists.

I had a Samsung Android phone and the playlists appeared on the Home Screen button immediately after the first sync using the exact same steps as above.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thanks in Advance!
jamieschecter

Re: MMW says playlists are syncing with new Android phone, but do not appear on Android

Post by jamieschecter »

New user with latest version of MMP for Win and Android. Chiming in because I have the same issue.

Everything is fine except for the Win Playlist >> Android Playlist copy-over. Going the other way seems to work fine.

I can see the PLs on the server but cannot figure out how to get the 2 locations to sync.

thanks
jamieschecter

Re: MMW says playlists are syncing with new Android phone, but do not appear on Android

Post by jamieschecter »

followup to this.

I got things fixed. The issue was me trying to be too complicated.

The base library where I convert files to FLAC is on a Mac and that is all it does there. MMWin would use that as a live stream of sorts and that worked fine for MMWin. The final step was the Android for travel with the library when i might want that. It all worked except for the Playlist updates on the Android. Too many hops I suppose.

The solution was simply to have the library be regularly copied and updated onto a local Win drive - let MMWin bypass the network and the Mac). Have the Android use the new Win drive as a source to create a local Android copy from and reference playlists. It is a separate step (creating a copy of the library on Win) but more reliable. And in the big picture, not that big a deal.

Now it is working fine. It's a lot of data floating on various drives. However, now that the base is set, it only requires a bit of attention to keep everything updated. I still have to get a routine for adding files and playlists, but that is just part of the setup. The goal being easy access to the entire library no matter what the device and/or my location without having to rely on a network connection.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

For those of you in which syncing is working but Playlists don't appear in MMA:

1) Ensure that in your sync list, you've selected Playlists to sync (i.e. even if you select all Music to be synced, it doesn't cause all Playlists to be synced).
2) MMA's Wi-Fi sync function prefers that a directory '\Playlists' exists on the device--otherwise playlists will sync to private MMA directory that no other music apps will have access to. The current release (2.0.0.1167) doesn't prompt users to create/grant access to this directory, but this is fixed in build 1171 which is currently in beta testing.

-Rusty