Album Covers not showing [#20736]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Crocodile73

Album Covers not showing [#20736]

Post by Crocodile73 »

Not sure if any of the other threads match my issue 100%. This is only happening on the new 2024 build. Initial scan for albums completes, but i would say at least 60% of my library don't display any cover. Mediamonkey 5 and 5.1 scanned and displayed all my covers. This is the portable mode i am using. I didn't use version 5 settings. I started fresh.
Lowlander

Re: Album Covers not showing.

Post by Lowlander »

Exactly where in MediaMonkey is the Artwork not showing, and do the files that are missing Artwork have embedded or external Artwork. Does Properties > Artwork fail to show Artwork in this scenario?
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

Selecting Music then Albums in the left column. I'll post about the rest shortly. I have set it to lookup artwork in settings. It seems to be finding some sort of covers but the scan is taking a very long time. In previous 5 builds, I just added the drive to look for albums and it added everything. Most of mine have embedded covers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So, the issue is not showing Artwork in the Filelisting for Albums without associated Artwork?

Does manual Artwork lookup fail?
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

No change from that scan. I can see the cover in properties artwork. But it's not showing in my album list. Lookup seems to be working fine.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I didn't use version 5 settings. I started fresh.
So it is rather that looked up artwork was already cached in the MediaMonkey5 portable folder and not saved to tags?
In that case intalling 2024 to the same location where MediaMonkey5 was resolves the issue.
Or copy the Portable folder from the MediaMonkey5 install location to MediaMonkey2024 location..
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

Indeed so. As soon as I copy over version 5 portable everything is showing.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: Today I fixed this issue/regression that might be related to your issue: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20736