collection / playlist by date added to DB

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

UweBo

collection / playlist by date added to DB

Post by UweBo »

I would want to create a collection or playlist with a specific number of albums to display and sort that collection/playlist by the date it was added to the MM database.
I could not find a way to do that even though the option to use "added" exists it can not be used.
I would want to display the results in album grid, list and be able to sort.
Also i would want to have a starting page in MM5 were i can show the latest DB additions sorted by latest and specified number of albums, time by weeks, months.
Lowlander

Re: collection / playlist by date added to DB

Post by Lowlander »

Are you talking about the date the playlist was created?
UweBo

Post by UweBo »

I mean the date the album/tracks were added to the DB of MM5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you set Sort to Added in AutoPlaylists? And that doesn't work for you? Which build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?
UweBo

Post by UweBo »

Yes i did that and it does not sort anything.
The available sorting parameter seems to be (added A-Z, Z-A).
I do have a "date" sorting parameter which is the published date of an album which is interesting too but not in this case.
I do want to have "date added" to DB sorting parameter, and if possible the results in a start up page as well just to see at once the latest additions and even play them like any playlist.
I wonder if it would be possible to have date sorting parameters in MM5 like the ones in Windows explorer, date added, date saved, date changed which is comfortable if one is working with large amounts of data and filtering.
I use the latest beta version of MM5
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Added is available in MediaMonkey and I have no issue when using this. Can you maybe add a screenshot showing the parameters of the AutoPlaylist and one showing the incorrect results (make sure Added is shown)?