Cannot see miniplayer on screen

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

metthewzy

Cannot see miniplayer on screen

Post by metthewzy »

Just updated to MM 5.1.0.2832. Since you finally updated the "minimize to miniplayer" button I gave it another try. After activating the miniplayer it is nowhere to be found.

This issue has been there since previous versions. I have multiple screens and different monitor combinations. In the older versions sometimes the miniplayer would show up and sometimes not, and I couldn't find a pattern. I have not been able to find the miniplayer on any screen in any of my multiple screen configuration yet. I suspect it shows up out of the monitor boundary but cannot verify by myself. If possible could you add something to make the miniplayer always show up in the current monitor?
Barry4679

Re: Cannot see miniplayer on screen

Post by Barry4679 »

metthewzy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:05 pmI have not been able to find the miniplayer on any screen in any of my multiple screen configuration yet. I suspect it shows up out of the monitor boundary but cannot verify by myself. If possible could you add something to make the miniplayer always show up in the current monitor?
I managed to replicate the behaviour that you are describing by dragging the mini player offscreen as far as possible, then killed off MM5 using the Windows Task manager.
When I restarted MM5 the miniplayer was totally invisible, and I was unable to reactivate it, although I tried everything that I could think of.

I restored it by closing MM5, and then deleting the persistent.json file, where your MM5 screen geometry is kept. In a portable MM5 installation it will be in the "portable" folder. Otherwise look in folder %APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\

You could try closing MM5, and then renaming that file so MM5 cannot find it.
It will reset all your screen geometry, including any customisation that you have done to the MM5 columns which are displayed on the various Views, and column widths, etc. You will also lose any hotkey customisation. But from what I can see you will have the mini player back.

One thing to check first though. What skin are you using? If you downloaded a custom skin it may be worth retesting using one of the shipped skins before attacking the persistent.json file.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
metthewzy

Re: Cannot see miniplayer on screen

Post by metthewzy »

To clarify, MM5 is not stuck in the no miniplayer state as I can restore its window from the mini icon. I'm only a little bugged that this function from time to time cannot be used. I wouldn't want to lose all my custom keys so I'm not touching the json.

I'm using the skin Monkey Groove. I guess it comes with the default installation.

There is another bug I'd like to report. I suspect it may also be related to dual screens. Quite frequently when I restore the window from maximized, its width becomes super long, and fixed. Its height is changable. I measured its width to be 5039 pixels, with my monitors 3080 pixels wide. This bug basically makes it unusable when its window is not maximized.