Tracks in random order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Theorize5643

Tracks in random order

Post by Theorize5643 »

Hello,

The problem I am having is that the tracks on my devices are in random order. The tracks I like to play are part of courses, so the order in which the tracks are played does matter a lot.

I am using MMA to play my media on my tablet (Galaxy Tab S7) or phone (Galaxy S10). I created an AutoPlaylist in MediaMonkey Windows to sync the unplayed tracks to these devices. There are 4 AutoPlaylists I use. These playlist sync quite well to my devices. However, in both devices the order of the tracks are not in the proper order. Here is an example of the order from my phone and tablet (on both devices, this order is the same):

Lect 09 - Why We Want the Bodies Back
Lect 06 - Why Are Dreams Dreamlike?
Lect 07 - The Pleasures and Pains of "Maybe"
Lect 03 - The Burden of Being Burden-Free

Situation in MMW
When I look at MMW, the order of the tracks is correct. The AutoPlaylist has the settings: 'Selected by: Sort order' and 'Sort by: Album A..Z' (I have screenshots, but I can't add any links or pictures, the message to add a space in between does not seem to work).

Situation in MMA
The playlist is sometimes in the same order as the AutoPlaylist in MMW. However, often the order on the Android device is different from the order in MMW. I have to manually put many of the files in the correct order. When I look at the section of the series for video files. The order is also off. It appears that this problem is especially occurring in relation to video files. The audio files seem to be in the correct order.

I use the most recent version of MediaMonkey on both the devices, as on my laptop. I sync the files using Wi-Fi.

Hopefully, someone can help me. Many thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,
Rob
Peke

Re: Tracks in random order

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MMA Do not support Auto playlists yet, but if MM5 Playlists view shows correct order then Playlist in MMA should have same order.

See how to add picture to your post in my signature.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Theorize5643

Post by Theorize5643 »

Hello Peke,

Thanks for the kind reply. I fully understand that the AutoPlaylist does not work in MMA. It would be great if it would, but it is alright if it doesn’t. However, after syncing, the order of the files on my device (MMA) is not the same as in MMW. Here is the order in the video's appear in MMA:

However, in MMW, the files are in the proper order. This shows how the order of the files is in MMW when I click in the AutoPlaylist on the same album with lectures:

Here is how I have created the AutoPlaylist (from my understanding, this more or less converts into a static playlist in MMA):

What am I missing? Thanks for the effort!

Kindest regards,
Rob
Peke

Post by Peke »

Open Properties of "Lect 09" and check Track # Is that track podcast?

Also can you please open support Ticket and share DL link to compressed MM5.DB so that I can take a look?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Theorize5643

Post by Theorize5643 »

Hello Peke,

I tried your suggestion, and to my surprise, the track # was identical to the title of each track. But it still is strange that it did not show up in the correct order because the lecture titles start with Lec 01, Lect 02, etc.

I changed all track numbers into a number. And synced (Wi-Fi) with my device. This did not change the order of the tacks. So I decided to delete the whole album and resync. After these steps, the order of the album was correct. \

The problem is solved, but it is still strange why the order was so random and resyncing did not solve the issues. It's my guess that updating the metadata does not trigger a new sorting of the files.

Thanks for the tip about the track nr!

Kindest regards,
Rob