Playlists do not show in MM on Android phone after music/playlist synch

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

beg

Playlists do not show in MM on Android phone after music/playlist synch

Post by beg »

Hi,

I use MM4 (last version) and a Samsung S10, Android 12 connected via USB to the computer and synching files to the SD-card into Music folder. On the phone I also use the MM app.

I have 5 playlists with music prepared on the computer in MM4 to be synched with the phone and I have synching playlists checked too. The files/music synchs fine, on the computer I do see the playlists in the S10 phone/device, but on the phone itself there are no playlists shown in the MM app. I also can't find any playlists on the phone - even when trying to look for the given folder.

What am I missing?

regards,
Bernhard
beg

Re: Playlists do not show in MM on Android phone after music/playlist synch

Post by beg »

some new findings:

1. Decive synch for my given situation seems to work only very, very unreliable and buggy. After restart and connecting the phone I can do ONE synch, after that, any other try, even with starting MM new on computer and phone, it won't work any more and stopp with a freezing error message during preparing list of files. Only after complete restart of COMPUTER AND PHONE, it will synch for one time again...

2. After changing some settings, I think choosing \Music as folder to save playlist was helpfull - I finally do find the playlists in MM on the phone, BUT: despite the playlists showing the correct number of tracks in MM4 for the device on the computer (eg. Jazz 1000 tracks), there are plenty of tracks missing in the playlists on the phone (Jazz 700 tracks). File Re-scan done of course.
beg

Re: Playlists do not show in MM on Android phone after music/playlist synch

Post by beg »

last findings:

Synching in my combination simply does not seem to work at all.

I also tried the server synch method, which triggered endless copying and deleting around of files, with nothing working in the end..

So I gave up and copied some genre folders by hand and created the matching playlists. That worked reliable and fast.