[REQ} Is it possible to manually sync tracks with Spotify for when it can't find them on a sync?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

[REQ} Is it possible to manually sync tracks with Spotify for when it can't find them on a sync?

Post by F1nchy »

I've just synced over a playlist from MM5 to Spotify and it synced over all the tracks but two. I've had a look at the tracks and one of them is on Spotify, but not in the way I have it in my MM5 db as it has two artists plus a third featuring artist. In Spotify it looks like it comes up individually for all three artists when I search under them all.

I have the track in question as;
Track: Mo Ṣe B'ọ́lá Tán (Feat. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly)
Artist: Dele Sosimi & The Estuary 21
All three of these links point to the same track;
https://open.spotify.com/track/47FCLfsu ... 4c4fa1439d
https://open.spotify.com/track/47FCLfsu ... 0caf584aa9
https://open.spotify.com/track/47FCLfsu ... fc0d694db4

Is there anyway to copy one of the track links from Spotify and paste it into MM5 so it automatically links it to is for future syncs?
Lowlander

Re: Is it possible to manually sync tracks with Spotify for when it can't find them on a sync?

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is no manual matching available.
F1nchy

Re: Is it possible to manually sync tracks with Spotify for when it can't find them on a sync?

Post by F1nchy »

Ah, ok. Is it something that can be added? It would make it easier for reducing errors/failed matches when re-syncing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume it won't, as it's designed as a simple quick tool. So likely the best bet is to alter tags to match Spotify if this is something you need.
F1nchy

Re: [REQ} Is it possible to manually sync tracks with Spotify for when it can't find them on a sync?

Post by F1nchy »

OK, thanks. How do I work out what would match with Spotify on those tracks with multiple artists?

For example, all of these are two or three artists and none of these matched;

With all of them they don't come up when I search for one artist, but as soon as I start adding the second artist into the search (ie "idles LCD") it finds them. I can't work out what I should be tagging them with in MM5 to match.

The Idles & LCD Soundsystem one for example, I have that as Idles & LCD Soundsystem as the artist and it doesn't like that.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ} Is it possible to manually sync tracks with Spotify for when it can't find them on a sync?

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried Idles; LCD Soundsystem instead?
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Yes, I've just changed it to that and synced again but it still doesn't match it, likewise some of the others.