MediaMonkey sync server found on one smartphone but not the other

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Ticktack

MediaMonkey sync server found on one smartphone but not the other

Post by Ticktack »

Hello,

I have two smartphones: a Gigaset GS4 with Android 11 and a Nokia XR20 with Android 13.

I have the most current versions of MediaMonkey installed on both Windows (MediaMonkey v5.0.4.2693) and Android (MediaMonkey v2.0.0.1152).

Now, the problem is this: Syncing via Wi-fi only works with the Gigaset GS4 (Android 11 smartphone) but not the Nokia XR20 (Android 13 smartphone). I should mention that it used to work with the Nokia XR20, too, in the past. I don't know exactly when it stopped working, i.e. whether it happened after an Android update or after a MediaMonkey update.

On both smartphones, I can see a so-called "Windows Media Player Sharing 3.0 (Microsoft)" media server from my QNAP NAS but only on the Gigaset GS4, I can also see the MediaMonkey library server. However, my Nokia XR20 doesn't find the MediaMonkey server (anymore), which is why I cannot sync it via Wi-fi. The Android apps have all permissions on both smartphones.

What could be the problem? How can I fix it?
Last edited by Ticktack on Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ticktack

Re: MediaMonkey sync server found on one smartphone but not the other

Post by Ticktack »

I just found a solution - at least for one of my computers. I used the information of the MediaMonkey server from my smartphone where the media server could be detected to manually add it in MMA on the other smartphone and now this media server is available/visible on both smartphones.

I would still be interested in why the automatic media server detection worked on the smartphone with the older Android version but not on the one with the newer version.