Sync music with NAS instead of PC/Laptop

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Vikiller94

Sync music with NAS instead of PC/Laptop

Post by Vikiller94 »

Good day,
Today I tried to setup MMA and my WD MyCloud for syncing music.
All my music is stored on //NAS/Music on my NAS server but not on my PC/Laptop.
I really want that MMA should sync with the help of NAS (because it's always on) instead of from my PC (PC is most time off).

Tried with DLNA on NAS (Twonky) but the problem is it finds it but it's just a directory and it's not really usable for listening to music because there are too much folders. Downloading is possible but if something is changed or added it won't sync automatically to the "up to date" condition so you should download manually.

Tried with Plex on NAS. Same problem too much folders.

What I really want to do is:
* Have my music on NAS
* MMA syncs with NAS automatically while in local network via wifi whilr PC is off.
From outside I can use WireGuard Tunnel.
* No PC needed
* Having a music "UI/interface" instead of a folder directory.

Thank you!
Peke

Re: Sync music with NAS instead of PC/Laptop

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is not possible ATM There is open source MMS designed to work on NAS devices viewforum.php?f=31 but this require bit of knowledge. Also in my personal opinion WD MyCloud devices (at least those I have tested are not fully fledged NAS devices and you have limited or no SSH access and custom apps to be installed, but you can try.

Just so that you know be ready that it is not plug and play and MMS is not fully capable to do sync with MMA devices.

For now PC with MM5 is preferred and easiest solution even all your Music is on NAS using UNC PATHS (eg. \\192.168.2.100\Music\) on same LAN/WLAN network as PC and MMA device (telling that as some WD "NAS" use virtual Addresses for conenction and do not allow UNC only Mapped drives).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts