Audio resumes when Bluetooth device disconnects

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

piphomer

Audio resumes when Bluetooth device disconnects

Post by piphomer »

Hi forumites. Hopefully you can help me with an issue that's driving me mad.

Full disclosure: I believe this to be a Windows issue and not a MM5 issue, but hopefully the collective knowledge and experience here can help me solve it.

I play my music mostly through a Bose SLIII bluetooth speaker connected to my laptop. I'm using Windows 10.0.19045.

If I pause music playback, and then turn off the bluetooth speaker, the music resumes playing on the laptop speakers. This is quite annoying but I can deal with it. What is REALLY annoying is that the bluetooth device turns itself off after 30 minutes idle... meaning if I forget to turn it off when I am finished listening to music, and leave the laptop unattended, after 30 minutes MM5 will resume playing music on the laptop speakers. Super annoying!

https://youtu.be/NH-5w6Jbr5c

Again for full disclosure, it actually restarts whatever the last audio source was, e.g. Youtube, Spotify, etc. It isn't necessarily just MM5.

Everything I have found on the internet points me to disabling Autoplay for bluetooth devices, but I have done that and it doesn't help (the Bose device doesn't even show up in the Autoplay list).

Sorry for starting a topic that isn't strictly an MM5 issue, but this is driving me mad and I will really appreciate any insight.

-Pip