MMA - Wanting to delete selected files during MMW4 sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

cokehearth

MMA - Wanting to delete selected files during MMW4 sync

Post by cokehearth »

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to have posted this in the Bug forum - please move, and apologies!

Log ID: 94716JVF1C

I have Wifi Sync set up on MMA, with selected playlists/collections on MMW to sync.

Occasionally, MMA seems to want to delete a large number of files (most, but not all) from my device, even though they're selected to sync within Mediamonkey. Other times, it syncs correctly, and only deletes files that are unselected.

I do have my music files within MMW stored on a NAS, if that could be what's causing it?

Mediamonkey Android - Latest Version (Beta)
Mediamonkey Windows - Latest Version of MM4
Primarily using: MM4 (latest update) Gold on Windows 11 (32GB RAM);
Samsung A54G 128GB/1TB MicroSD.

Library: 1875GB (254680+) files, on a Network Drive (Windows)
Lowlander

Re: MMA - Wanting to delete selected files during sync

Post by Lowlander »

Got to recommend using the latest MediaMonkey 5 release (or even beta) as MediaMonkey continues to get Sync fixes.
cokehearth

Re: MMA - Wanting to delete selected files during sync

Post by cokehearth »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:57 pm Got to recommend using the latest MediaMonkey 5 release (or even beta) as MediaMonkey continues to get Sync fixes.
I'd love to, but unfortunately I rely heavily on add-ons such as Magic Nodes and RegExp Find & Replace so heavily to keep my music collection organised.

If there's was a way to sync easily between my MM4 & MM5 libraries, that'd be ideal, but I haven't come across one yet.

Thanks anyway! :)
Primarily using: MM4 (latest update) Gold on Windows 11 (32GB RAM);
Samsung A54G 128GB/1TB MicroSD.

Library: 1875GB (254680+) files, on a Network Drive (Windows)