Random duplicate alubm and song entries after syncing with MMW?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

llamabear

Random duplicate alubm and song entries after syncing with MMW?

Post by llamabear »

Versions in question:

MMW: 5.1.0.2825 standard
MMA: 2.0.0.1152 pro

I'm noticing an odd problem after syncing.

There are random duplicates of select albums and songs. And one set does not play, while the other set plays. Here's a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/EKfGhpC

I see the same thing when I go to the Tracks tab in the Android app.

But on MMW, there's no such thing. Here's what that segment looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/EMjFuQK

Any clue what's happening here?

Edit: the 777 album in the screenshots became "one" after I added the album artist.
Peke

Re: Random duplicate alubm and song entries after syncing with MMW?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is normal. both Album and Album Artist needs to be same (unknown is counted as different) in order to be listed as one album.

I can easily replicate your behavior if I delete Album Artist from one tracks on album and copy it to device with MMA, so like you said correcting Album artist and recopy fixes the issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
llamabear

Post by llamabear »

Peke wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:36 pm Hi,
That is normal. both Album and Album Artist needs to be same (unknown is counted as different) in order to be listed as one album.

I can easily replicate your behavior if I delete Album Artist from one tracks on album and copy it to device with MMA, so like you said correcting Album artist and recopy fixes the issue.
Understood. So basically I need to make sure that my library on MMW is as clean and polished and consistent as possible, and THEN do the sync.

As sarcastic as that sounded, I promise no sarcasm here. iTunes already effed over my library at the moment with regards to album art, so right now, I'm just doing other forms of spring cleaning in the midst of re-associating, or finding album art.

Actually, I'd like to ask just to clarify - you said "if I delete Album Artist." Does that imply that the Album Artist tag should not be empty? Like, write down even VA or something else? I do have quite a few compilation albums that have songs from all kinds of artists.
DorisSanchez

Post by DorisSanchez »

Random duplicate album and song entries may occur after syncing with MediaMonkey (MMW). This issue can stem from metadata inconsistencies, file organization problems, or sync settings. To resolve, check and standardize metadata, organize files appropriately, and review sync configurations. Utilizing MMW's troubleshooting tools can help identify and rectify these duplicate entries.
llamabear

Post by llamabear »

Peke wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:36 pm Hi,

I went back and looked at MMA. I get that the Album and AA need to be the same, but what about the cases where it's already the same?

In the screenshots from the first post, this is the case with the album called 6NOTES. You can see in the MMW that there's only one instance. And I did a search just in case there was another, and could not find another 6NOTES.