unable to set proper case of album artist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

glrider

unable to set proper case of album artist

Post by glrider »

I have an mp3 that has an Album Artist of George strait. I want it to be George Strait, but whenever I change it it reverts back to a lower case s. I changed it to Dave Berry and the case was preserved. As soon as I change it back to George Strait, the s goes lowercase again. I have a bunch of other mp3's by the same artist, even some on the same CD, and they are fine.

I checked and the file is not read only. Anyone have any ideas.
Lowlander

Re: unable to set proper case of album artist

Post by Lowlander »

Where exactly in MediaMonkey are you changing it? Are you changing folder/filename or tags?
glrider

Post by glrider »

Got another one. Artist is BlackHawk. in the Navigation pane on the left side I see;

BlackHawk
BlackHawk
Love And Gravity
Strong Enough

If I click on each Album title the last two are okay, but the first one shows the Album Artist and the Artist are all Blackhawk. I thought at least the Album Artist was derived from that is in the navigation pane, or at least that it what I have experienced. If I change what is in the navigation pane in the past all the songs in that CD would get renamed in the Album Artist field.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, like Windows, MediaMonkey is not case sensitive. So different case values will all be shown under the same entry. You'll need to actually tag the files correctly.
glrider

Post by glrider »

Okay but I have done that. I have clicked in the field and tried to change the s to S and it goes back to a small s when I hit enter. I have also clicked on the field and started typing the entire name (first and last). As I am typing auto fill fills it in correctly, but as soon as I hit enter the S goes back to s.

Would a short video help?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

glrider wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:44 pmWould a short video help?
Probably, as the question is where exactly and where the files are stored.
glrider

Post by glrider »

The video should show me trying to change Blackhawk to BlackHawk and it immediately goes back to Blackhawk when I hit enter. I don't see how to attach the video. Do I have to upload to an external site?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you need to upload to either a video site like YouTube or a cloud service like OneDrive.
glrider

Post by glrider »

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NvbzMOoaRnI

I got it working by using the autotag from filename, but I don't see why I shouldn't have just been able to type the value in the field and have it retain the case sensitivity.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It doesn't show the Path of the file so I can't see if the issue is related to not being able to modify the files themselves. However it would seem that the change should stick as you're in the Library.

Thus I'd recommend using MediaMonkey 5, if there still is a bug it can be fixed there as MMW4 is no longer developed.