using volume leveling

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

glrider

using volume leveling

Post by glrider »

Hi everyone,

Let me first say what a great product MM is. I am blown away how great it is and what it can do. I absolutely love it.

I am starting to play with volume leveling as some of my mp3's are really loud and other are quite quiet. I have read some help on it but want to make sure I understand things correctly. Could someone clarify if the following assumptions I have are correct.

1. I only want all tracks regardless of album to play at the same level so in tools-->options-->volume leveling I should choose per track?
2. As I have just started playing with this I see the level playback volume to set 89dB. I am assuming this is the default.
3. The + or - I see in the 'Volume Level' column in the music list is relative to the setting I have in options. For example if I have 89 in the settings and the music list shows a song at +1.5 then this song is at 90.5dB

Finally I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a suggested level for mp3's, considering I will be playing the mp3's in the truck via bluetooth? I have noticed that mp3's I have on CD (data CD, not music CD) play very quiet compared to the radio.
2. I am not an expert on losslessly and lossily. Am I losing any quality in the song by playing with the volume level?
Lowlander

Re: using volume leveling

Post by Lowlander »

1-3, yes

1. Up to 95dB is generally considered safe if you want to boost the volume.
2. Generally there are no audible issues up to 95dB.
glrider

Re: using volume leveling

Post by glrider »

thanks lowlander