Sync does not sync child nodes

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

nanite2000

Sync does not sync child nodes

Post by nanite2000 »

I'm using MediaMonkey v5.1.0.2820 on Windows 11.

Whenever I sync any playlist that has child playlists, clicking the parent node is not enough to sync the child nodes beneath it - the child playlists will not appear on the device.

However, if I expand the playlist so that all child nodes are visible, then clicking the parent node syncs all child nodes successfully (even when the playlist tree is collapsed again).

The same problem occurs when trying to delete playlists from the device, and I also get the same problem when trying to sync to iPhone (iOS 17.0.3) or a USB device.

It appears as though MMW5 ignores any child nodes until you explicitly expand the parent playlist tree to make them visible.

Let me know if you need me to include a debug log for this.
Lowlander

Re: Sync does not sync child nodes

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that is correct. Only what is explicitly selected will be synced.
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

I would prefer to have new child playlists being automatically synced until I deselect them.
Having playlists on my mobile device that I don't really use doesn't hurt but having created a new playlist on MMW and finding out while I am travelling that I have forgotten to click on it for sync is a nuisance.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is plenty of support either way. The big downside to auto-select is that users run out of space on Sync as unexpected content is being synced.
nanite2000

Post by nanite2000 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:28 am Yes, that is correct. Only what is explicitly selected will be synced.
Oh! OK - I guess that makes sense.

Has it always been like this and I've just never noticed?