Application throws exception Invalid pointer

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

IOW

Application throws exception Invalid pointer

Post by IOW »

I am using Windows 11. After playing several videos I get the errorApplication throws Exception Invalid pointer.
An option is to continue but the app freezes a few songs later.
Checking Task manager, there are 3 or more duplicates of Media Monkey.
If I delete them and try to run MM nothing happens and I need to restart Windows.
Is there a solution?
Lowlander

Re: Application throws exception Invalid pointer

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4 is not tested for Windows 11, I'd recommend using MediaMonkey 5.
alex06

Post by alex06 »

Ugh, nothing's more annoying than a buggy media player freezing up on you! I feel your pain. Dealing with those MediaMonkey crashes and duplicates in Task Manager sounds really frustrating.

As a fellow Windows 11 and MediaMonkey user, I wish I had the perfect fix for you. Sometimes with complex apps like this, gremlins just creep into the code and cause headaches for us users. Lame!

Have you poked around in the MediaMonkey forums to see if others on Win11 are running into this? Could at least help confirm if it's something on their end or unique to your setup.

Beyond that, maybe try clearing caches/databases and re-indexing your library to see if a fresh start helps? Or uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version? Annoying troubleshooting steps, I know, but could be worthwhile if it ultimately squashes that crash bug.

Here's hoping the MediaMonkey devs can hunt down the cause and roll out a stability patch. In the meantime, hang in there! Nothing more annoying than an uncooperative media app. But keep calm and troubleshoot on - you've got this!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As mentioned you should upgrade to MediaMonkey 5, which is tested for Windows 11. MediaMonkey 5.1 will have more fixes too.