Need help with library files apparently relocated (but not)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

d4005

Need help with library files apparently relocated (but not)

Post by d4005 »

I have (always had) my music library on drive F under the path Media/My Music/mp3. You'd think that the path would start with F:\Media\My Music\mp3 but apparently not. For some reason MM4 has decided to use the drive F's volume name and made that part of the path. The name is (and was) "F-Int" (Int for internal rather than an external drive). So the path's look like [F-Int]\Media\My Music\mp3.

The issue now is that on a rescan I have duplicates of the entire library. One set of files with their paths starting with F: and the other using [F-Int] at the start. The files starting with [F-Int] are the ones used by my playlists.

The reason this has come up is because I needed to restructure my drive sizes so I moved everything from F to a backup drive, then deleted the F partition, then did some resizing of C, D and E, then I made a new drive F and called it F-Int (like the old one was called) and moved everything back onto it. The first time I fired up MM4 after that, it treats all of the [F-Int] files as being lost, despite them still being there on a drive called F-Int. Then it added a new set of files that it found on drive F and treated them as new files. It didn't think they were the same files.

It might be possible to reconcile the two (one really) set of files with the locate missing files feature but that's Gold only and I don't have Gold. I could just delete all of the [F-Int] items out of the MM4 and be happy with the new F: files but then all of my playlists are toast. I'd be happy doing that if I could somehow edit MM4's playlist db file and global replace [F-Int] with F: but I don't know how to do that.

Any ideas?
d4005

Re: Need help with library files apparently relocated (but not)

Post by d4005 »

Thanks a lot. This script worked a treat: