Album Artist overwritten

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Driftmoon

Album Artist overwritten

Post by Driftmoon »

Hello,

I just noticed that MMA has changed the Album artist to the first Artist that appears on the album on all the tracks that are on that same album. When i look in MMW everything is tagged oke so it should be fine in the files on the SD card too.

How do i get MMA to change it all back to the way it was and why is it doing this?

I havent been using MMW to sync files for years because of the struggles but thought i gave it a new chance with my new sd card but even after all these years syncing files is still too complicated imo. It's easier to put new files in Google Drive and then download them to my phone and use Solid Explorer to copy them to the sd card then use MMW.
Lowlander

Re: Album Artist overwritten

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build of MMW (Help > About) and MMA were used for Sync and did you do a wi-fi or USB Sync. I believe that the underlying bug has been addressed (it may require a fresh start to resolve issues caused by it).
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Hello Lowlander,

I synced via USB. I tried to set up via WiFi but didn't get that one to work. I did noticed that MMA started to scan de SD card about 2 times in a row and it said something about rebuilding the library or something like that. Not sure if that's when it started overwritting the tags.

MMW version: 4.1.31.1919
MMA version: 2.0.0.1095
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Re Wi-Fi Sync: At what point Sync Failed?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

I didn't get the server part to work.
I don't quite understand what to do, it said that it was inaccessible. I got passed the password thing.
Im not even sure what part of the ip adres i am supposed to put in. I tried multiple times.
I only have a few days of the trail left i see now.

I don't need special software right? Only windows pc and MMW? It's very complicated so i went with sync via usb.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

So, how am i going to correct these overwritten album artist?Assuming it happened to alI of the tracks there is no way for me to remember them all and correct them manually in MMA.

What happenes when i resync the ones i know. Will it overwrite the existing files or make copies?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unless there is a reason to keep the files in MMA, you may want to remove them from the device and then resync to start fresh.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Alright, i'll try that one.
Thanks.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

I just deleted and re added an album and again the albumartist has been changed into the artist last appearing on the album (but it's the first track that was synced).

Why does it keep doing this?