Which Playlist is being played

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

1001Musik

Which Playlist is being played

Post by 1001Musik »

I continue to listen to a Playlist the next Day and the Day after that. Then I don't know which ones I'm listening to. Why doesn't MMA show which Playlist is being played? If I want to listen to a different Playlist, I face the Problem that I don't know which one I just heard.
For me, this Display should always be Displayed, no matter which view I use in MMA.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Which Playlist is being played

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Jochen,
You're right. These two lines could also be displayed permanently under "Playing".
(BTW: if you use "Play now preserves the queue" in the settings, this can lead to undesirable results.)

Current solution:

Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

Hello Erwin,
I am glad that we agree again. I mostly use the ad with the big Cover. Only the Artist and the Title are Displayed there. There is still enough Space for the Name of the Playlist on the Mobile Phone and especially on the Tablet.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
rusty

Post by rusty »

I agree that this would be useful, however, it would have to be implemented in a way that makes it clear that edits to the queue ar not actually editing the playlist. Otherwise it would be very confusing e.g. if the user plays an autoplaylist, edits the queue, and then there's no change to the autoplaylist.

I think that the best we of doing this would be to add support for multiple Playing queues. So that edits to such queuse are saved transiently without affecting the original source.

-Rusty