Quick start info?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

Peke

Re: Quick start info?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, something like that, the plan is that MMS serve as main headless library, allowing you to play media, sync and have multiple PCs connect to it with own local libraries eg. multi platform MM manager access simultaneously MMS and have things in sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

That sounds amazing! Ill definitely give the alpha/beta a try. If it works ill probably get the RAID setup and cross my fingers development progresses!
Peke

Post by Peke »

bkenobi69 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:59 pm That sounds amazing! Ill definitely give the alpha/beta a try. If it works ill probably get the RAID setup and cross my fingers development progresses!
It will, but with slower pace. Current plan is to first release multi platform MM5, starting with MAC OS. Then we will have real reason to get things in sync with MMS.
Best regards,
Peke
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I tested MMS on my Windows 10 laptop a couple months back. At that time, I was able to run the server, log in, and access the files on a different system. I finally got some time to install based on the instructions for my Synology DiskStation. On extraction, when I run the server via "./mms" I get errors.

Code: Select all

Ben_Admin@DS1511:/volume1/docker/mediamonkeyserver$ ./mms
./mms: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./mms)
./mms: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./mms)
Unable to load configuration: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir '/var/services/homes/Ben_Admin/MediaMonkeyServer'
SQL: path=/var/services/homes/Ben_Admin/MediaMonkeyServer/mms.db
/snapshot/mms/node_modules/better-sqlite3/lib/database.js:47
                throw new TypeError('Cannot open database because the directory does not exist');
                ^

TypeError: Cannot open database because the directory does not exist
    at new Database (/snapshot/mms/node_modules/better-sqlite3/lib/database.js:47:9)
    at new SqlLayer (/snapshot/mms/lib/db/sqlLayer.js)
    at /snapshot/mms/lib/db/sqlRegistry.js
    at /snapshot/mms/lib/configuration.js
    at /snapshot/mms/lib/util/pathNormalizer.js
    at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (node:fs:188:23)
The setup guide didn't say I needed to put the mm.db in any location nor create special paths. I can do that as needed obviously, but I'm not sure if there are other prereq's I'm missing that are causing the error.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please make sure that "/var/services/homes/Ben_Admin/MediaMonkeyServer/" folder exist and That MMS have enough privileges to access it.
Best regards,
Peke
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I added the required directories to make the path valid and tried again. This time I am able to connect to MMS from my laptop and am greeted with a login. After changing the location for the music I am now able to see my collection. I did notice that some files will play and others throw an exception. A few have an icon representing the album art but most don't. I don't know if the art always means it will throw an exception but it seems most/all I tried do. I can submit a ticket if it would help.

Code: Select all

root@DS1511:/volume1/docker/mediamonkeyserver# ./mms
SQL: path=/root/MediaMonkeyServer/mms.db
Database loaded in 0.02 seconds
Prepared statements in 0.01 seconds
0 files have been read from database in 1 ms
Scanning of /root/Music has failed: Error: Can not scan directory
==================================================
MMS v0.4.3 running at http://192.168.0.50:10222 (or http://localhost:10222)
Connect using a web browser or using MediaMonkey 5.
==================================================
Scanning of /root/Videos has failed: Error: Can not scan directory
A new client connected (Firefox on Windows)
A client was disconnected (transport close)
A new client connected (Firefox on Windows)
User admin has logged in with new token: gx/qmxHdjjYZF3qCkJwUsOp5t4ajnDLa
Scan music directory: file:/volume1/Music-Ben, 7849 files to process
Caught exception: TypeError: SQLite3 can only bind numbers, strings, bigints, buffers, and null
178 files have been read from database in 61 ms
Scan movie directory: file:/volume1/My Videos, 724 files to process
parseURL file:/volume1/My Videos/Movies/8 Minute Abs(Workout Fitness).avi Error: spawn ffprobe ENOENT
parseURL file:/volume1/My Videos/Red vs Blue/Extras & Outakes/BNL_FrontRow.mov Error: spawn ffprobe ENOENT
parseURL file:/volume1/My Videos/Red vs Blue/Extras & Outakes/BNL_Midshow.mov Error: spawn ffprobe ENOENT
parseURL file:/volume1/My Videos/Red vs Blue/Extras & Outakes/BNL_Sublime.mov Error: spawn ffprobe ENOENT
Playing "Breath On A Window" at Firefox on Windows
Playing "Choke" at Firefox on Windows
Caught exception: TypeError: invalid options argument
Playing "Brodels" at Firefox on Windows
Playing "Cant Not(Previously Unreleased)" at Firefox on Windows
Playing "Check My Brain" at Firefox on Windows
Playing "Check My Brain" at Firefox on Windows
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Maybe the best would be to Write report on GitHub MMS page as noted at viewtopic.php?t=90809

MMS Will become handy very soon after MAC version of MM gets out.
Best regards,
Peke