Shuffle triangle missing completely

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: Shuffle triangle missing completely

Post by rusty »

dkstott,

Hopefully lowlander's comment clarified the situation for you. i.e. as in the past MMA has:
- a 'Play shuffled' function that adds whatever is in the view or whatever is selected to the queue in random order and plays it. The only difference in the latest build is that the button was changed to a 'floating action button'
- a 'Shuffle mode' that can be enabled in the 'Playing' view, that causes tracks in the queue to be selected randomly for playback

To add to this, we hope in the future to rationalize this somewhat duplicative functionality as the differences between the two methods of shuffling are kind of confusing. The first such implementation will be in MMW 5.1.

-Rusty
joshb

Post by joshb »

regarding the floating button:
does it have only this one function?
Does long-pressing do something different than single tap?

I never play my music Shuffled. Ever.
Can you add displaying it optional?
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

For those like me, the shuffle button is a great function.

With nearly 16000 tracks I use it very often. Not for listening to a whole album (like new albums or 'classic' music of Mike Oldfield).

But on holiday I can use it like a radio station and can surprise myself with good music. :D

The only problem with the button is the limit of function and/or customising (like positioning).
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
rusty

Post by rusty »

I agree that it'd be a good idea to either allow the button to be customized or hidden

The challenge is that there are a limited number of slots in the top action bar so if we remove the floating 'play shuffled' button entirely, it either won't fit in the action bar or some other command would have to be eliminated.

-Rusty
joshb

Post by joshb »

I would be happy with a simple on/off toggle in Options>UI, this way no room is take up in the action bar etc.
drunknmonkey

[REQ] Audiobookview: Change floating shuffle button to play button

Post by drunknmonkey »

MMA 2.0.0.1099

Hey,
If I want to continue listening an audiobook, I open the Audiobookview, select the author and book. Then I have to scroll down the list to the position where I stopped last time.

The new floating shufflebutton seems quite useless to me in the audiobook view. Why would somebody shuffle an audiobook?

So I'd like to request to change the floating shufflebutton to a floating play from current position button only in the audiobook view.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Re. the shuffle FAB appearing for audiobooks/podcasts, I've added issue: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20185

Thank you!

-Rusty