[REQ] Album Shuffle [#20054]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

JoeChinnici

[REQ] Album Shuffle [#20054]

Post by JoeChinnici »

When using the app, if I go to the Albums list and hit Shuffle, I would expect it to shuffle my albums. It doesn't, it shuffles all tracks like it does in the Tracks list.

Is this on purpose by design, an oversight/bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Lowlander

Re: Album Shuffle

Post by Lowlander »

No, in all occasions (ie. Artist, Genre, Album) it is track based shuffle.

Album Shuffle is tracked here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20054
JoeChinnici

Post by JoeChinnici »

Okay, but it's not entirely accurate. If I go to Album Artists I don't get the option for shuffle until I at least select an artist. Once I select that artist I can now select shuffle and it will shuffle all tracks by that artist. If I go deeper and select an album and then hit shuffle, it will shuffle all songs in that album. There is logic there that makes sense. I'm in the Artist tab so it shuffles by artist.

When in the Tracks tab it shuffles by tracks.

It would stand to reason that when in the Album tab it would shuffle by album.

I'm an album listener. I would love to hit Shuffle and get surprised by an album, and then be pleasantly surprised by the next album that plays, and so on. I can't imagine that I'm the only person that would like this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It still shuffles by track, you only have 1 Artist and it's tracks are shuffled. There is no Shuffle Album, only Shuffle tracks. Anywhere the Shuffle play is available it will be track based Shuffle.
JoeChinnici

Post by JoeChinnici »

So you don't want to make it better by having Album Shuffle actually shuffle albums? That's a shame.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, the statement is that this is by design. MMA does not currently have Album Shuffle.
rusty

Re: [REQ] Album Shuffle [#20054]

Post by rusty »

Just an fyi: we'd had some internal discussion awhile back about making the shuffle button behave differently depending on the view as you suggested, but concluded that it would be confusing if the behavior of the shuffle button changed from one view to the next and that it would be preferable to have an 'Album shuffle' menu item.

That said, once we implement 'Album shuffle' functionality, we can revisit how to expose it.

-Rusty
JoeChinnici

Re: [REQ] Album Shuffle [#20054]

Post by JoeChinnici »

Thank you, Rusty, for the clear response. Yes, an Album Shuffle button would be great. Thank you.