Feedback on build 1089: new buttons

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Feedback on build 1089: new buttons

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Build 1089 which is available now as a beta, adds back more buttons so that playback commands (Play shuffled, Play now, Queue next, Queue last) are available without going to the overflow menu.

Does this change mostly address the loss of the MMA 1.x command bar for you? Or do you still missing the 1-click access to the Send to playlist, and Delete buttons?

-Rusty
L4MA

Re: Feedback on build 1089: new buttons

Post by L4MA »

Hi,

I was loosing hope in new MMA just today, app breaking bugs like the recent "play skips to next track" are rendering MMA useless. At first i wanted to ask, if there is a way how to roll back to legacy MMA. Fixing the playback issue today poured hope in my veins again and adding these "add to playlist buttons" is godsend, thank you very much! :)
I have one more wish, and then i wont ever look back. Is it possible to add search button to Now playing screen as it used to be, please? The need of going for every search into library is extremely inconvenient.
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

Hi Rusty,

For me it's perfect.

I only use MMA for playback, everything else is done via MMW and subsequent sync to MMA. That's why the other functions like "Add to playlist" or "Delete" are not so important for me and are, in my opinion, well placed in the overflow menu.

Best regards
Christian
MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11 using Wi-Fi Sync with
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback. Re. the playback issue--we had the fix ready > 10 days ago but for some reason it took awhile to get it approved on the play store. Hopefully the next build will get approved faster.

Re. 'Search' on the Playing screen. I guess placing it in the overflow menu could work ? Since there would likely (eventually) be 2 search variants:
- search library
- search within playing queue

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Sorry ,but this update bring back old problems. The queue is now again not switching to the next track :(

Inthe Tracklist there is now an ugly orange button in the right corner that covers the track time of the track. :(

Where is the benefit of this update :-?
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi kap1A,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that the queue isn't switching to the next track?

Regarding the Floating Action button that appears on library navigation views, the most common action in such views is to either:
1) play the tracks in the order listed (by tapping a track)
2) play the tracks shuffled via the
That's why 'Play shuffled' was added as a floating action button.

Do other users find this annoying? I personally find that I'm using it all the time and that it doesn't get in the way.

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

If the button would be more to the middle it should looks better. Now it shades the rating stars and the track time. For me that looks now less professional.

When in now playing I go to queue it shows the now playing track, but it gets not updated after this track.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I've restarted the device,now it updates the now playing track like before. :)

The only problem remains, when the next track is before the last playing track. This was already tracked by you under #19732, #19811.
gordol

Post by gordol »

rusty wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 pm Hi,

Build 1089 which is available now as a beta, adds back more buttons so that playback commands (Play shuffled, Play now, Queue next, Queue last) are available without going to the overflow menu.

Does this change mostly address the loss of the MMA 1.x command bar for you? Or do you still missing the 1-click access to the Send to playlist, and Delete buttons?

-Rusty
Thank you.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Re. the position of the Play Shuffled button, I agree we could probably move it a bit to the left. Tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20108

Re. the Playing list not updating to display the playing track in certain cases, that's still on our todo list at #20052.

Thanks!

-Rusty
SepticFuddy

Post by SepticFuddy »

rusty wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 pm Build 1089 which is available now as a beta, adds back more buttons so that playback commands (Play shuffled, Play now, Queue next, Queue last) are available without going to the overflow menu.
A bit late, but as one of the ones who requested this change, I was glad to see you guys addressed it. Unfortunately, for me "Queue last" still gets kicked onto the overflow menu, which happens to be the option I use 99% of the time. I imagine it's because I have a 4" 1136x640 screen. Might there be an elegant solution to this?